GOS vouchers may only be provided to eligible patients who require spectacles or spectacle replacements. Only GOS contractors can provide these vouchers however they can be claimed by any prescription spectacle supplier in the UK. The value of the voucher differs and is dependent on the prescription.
GOS Voucher Values
GOS Voucher values
Voucher values remain at the 2016/17 amounts.
Click here for a list of the current voucher values.
- NHS (Charges and Payments) (Uprating Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2016
- Explanatory Memorandum to the NHS Charges and Payments Regulations 2016
- Optical Charges and Payments Regulations 2013
- Details of the regulations and voucher values can be found here.
- PCA announcing voucher value increase in Scotland from 1 April 2016
- NHS (Optical Charges and Payments) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2016
The Optical Confederation has issued guidance on applying for a non-tolerance voucher.
Vouchers at a Glance
FODO on behalf of the Optical Confederation, produces Vouchers at a Glance – an easy to read hand-held guide to voucher values, minimum sight test intervals and early re-test reason codes.