13 May 2020
Member update – PPE supplies, joint UK statement and applying for self-employment income support
Please note that further to our 5 May and 7 May PPE updates, the LOCSU and Primary Eyecare Services PPE shop has new stock. Find out more and order here.
The OFNC, Optometry Northern Ireland, Optometry Scotland and Optometry Wales have published a joint statement on routine sight testing in the UK. Read the statement.
The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme has opened for applications today. You can now make a claim on a specified date between now and 18 May, based on your Unique Tax Reference number. If you are eligible HMRC has assigned you a specific date to apply which you can check here.
In case you missed it, you can still read our update from yesterday covering:
- Furlough scheme update
- Government Covid-19 strategy on next phase
- Guidance for retail premises, offices and sector guidance update
- Delivering eye and hearing care during the pandemic and beyond
- New maculopathy referral filtering and monitoring pathway
- Official advice and guidance - quick access
- Other news.
We are here to help, so if you need us, please contact us at [email protected] or 020 7298 5151.