High quality education and training are essential to support and expand eye care services in the UK and to enable individuals to develop their careers in clinical practice, business, management, academia and research.
The FODO Educational Charity aims to further education and training so people can access world-class eye care throughout the UK as public health needs, scope of practice and workforce demographics change.
The charity has sponsored innovation and new models of education and training such as professional conversion courses, higher levels of patient facing training and self-directed, reflective and experiential learning. To date the charity has supported new courses at:
- Anglia Ruskin University (optometry and dispensing optics)
- University of Bradford (conversion course)
- University of Plymouth (optometry)
- University of West of England (optometry)
- Teesside University (optometry)
- University of the Highland and Islands (optometry)